• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin: French Balcony Stateroom
Eiffel Tower at night.
Versailles Palace.

I chose this trip for three reasons. First, I wanted to see Paris. Second, I wanted to see the Normandy Beaches of D-Day fame. And third, I wanted to take a river cruise after taking many ocean cruises. I was not disappointed. I took the 3 day pre-cruise extension in Paris that was wonderful. We had a great hotel off the Champs Elyse's and a great Viking host to help us with an included tour. The crew on the ship was wonderful and took care of everything. The food was exquisite. I went with my best friends from church. He served in the navy and our standing on Omaha beach and touring the cemetery was inspiring. I also toured the Versailles Palace, Napoleon's Palace, Rommel's headquarters during the D-Day invasion and painter Monet's home and pond which was so amazing to see in person.. This is a dream trip of a life time.

Just FYI, but children are not permitted on Viking cruises. This was my first river cruise.

French Balcony Stateroom

The cabin was well appointed and very comfortable. The shower was a bit larger than on other ships I've been on. The balcony was very nice and I watched the scenery drift by. The cabin steward was very attentive and did a great job.

previous reviewnext review