• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Beryltheperil
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:

We had wanted to try Regent seven seas for a while and when my travel agent contacted me with this cruise I booked a concierge room on deck 9. After two years not cruising we were so looking forward to sailing with the top cruise line !

This cruise was not a good experience from the start, the transfers were appalling, 150 people all waiting by the baggage reclaim at Rome airport for over an an hour to be herded on to coaches and taken to the Westin excelsior hotel, once at the hotel there was another hour wait to get checked in. The hotel is very old and needs a refurb, the breakfast was bad, we didn’t eat anything .everything on heated trays which were not hot, and you had to search to find the ‘help yourself’ tea and coffee , again not hot! This was regents 5 star hotel! We boarded the ship which is very elegant. The staff were lovely and welcoming but that is where the good part ends. The food was not great, a number of times my partner and myself had to send dishes back , they had dishes on the menu which were not available, we were served stuff we hadn’t ordered, they had no fresh orange juice for breakfast I could go on and on. The service was poor, not enough staff and hardly any supervision. The entertainment was poor, one night they showed a 40’s or 50’s film in the theatre that was the show??? Wi Fi well forget it, we had to use the data on our phones. A lot of people complained this cruise but no one had the decency on board to follow up complaints.

This was our first and last regent cruise.

Ok but very creaky