• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin: Veranda Suite

The crew, as always, were very attentive & helpful. My husband uses a wheelchair, & we know before starting, that he won’t be able to partake in all the excursions, but he likes being on the ship! The meals & wine were outstanding. We also did the pre-cruise extension in Madrid & the post-cruise extension Road to Santiago, which were very interesting. We’d been to Madrid before, so we wanted to do something on our own, & the guide was very helpful arranging it for us, including the transportation. I’m not usually a big port wine fan, but I learned a lot about it. I wouldn’t have minded tasting some different varieties of Portuguese wine, however. Overall, I would definitely recommend this cruise. We had a balcony suite, but it was a little tight with my husband’s wheelchair. He couldn’t really use the shower, as he needed a shower seat, but the glass door pushed in, so he couldn’t shut the door. In this case, a shower curtain would have worked better.

Veranda Suite