• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:
My cabin.. suitcase arrived before I even entered!
Bathroom
Tons of seating all around the ship
Aft hot tub and pool area..  windows slide open to make space more open in warmer climates
Icelandic horses ..  excellent excursion!
Beautiful landscape..  excellent photo opportunities everywhere
Kayaking
The views!
Black beach
Black beach
Black beach hike
Picked blueberries and drank water straight from the stream!!

I love the fact there is no one under the age of 18 on these ships. Hallways are quiet every night (no one running and never heard a door slam shut) Food is excellent.. no surcharges for specialty restaurants. Entertainment is not flashy stage shows (I never go on the other lines anyway) The speakers have talks on what you are actually going to see and you learn about the geography and wildlife you are going to encounter, you can watch from your cabin if you want! I traveled alone but met so many wonderful people. There are included excursions that are very informative and if you do not want to try more active excursions, they are an excellent choice. I went horseback riding (Icelandic horses have a nice gait), did an all day hike to the black beach, went whale watching (I am spoiled by my Hawaiian whale watches and was a little disappointed there weren’t more whales) and went kayaking. I have made the decision that my Antarctica trip will now be on one of Vikings new Expedition ships!!

My Cabin was very spacious in terms of ship cabins. Only con was that my cabin was directly above one of the life boats and when they moved them it was noisy but it was only 1 time. Also the floor was cold due to the open deck below. Otherwise plenty of space for all my gear. Bathroom is top notch and sooo nice to have a heated floor!! Shower is much larger than most ship showers!!

previous reviewnext review