• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Evolution Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Epic trip of a lifetime!

Review for Evolution to South America

Traveled with children
Art project was a hit!
Sunset
Happy kiddo!
Hanging with the sea lions.
Safety briefing.
The kids loved the naturalists.
Two of our favorite naturalists.

I cannot give enough high praises to the crew and naturalists of the Evolution. My two kids (5 and 9 year olds) and I had the time of our lives! From being told to jump into the pangas to follow the Orcas right after our safety briefing, to snorkeling with sea lions, sharks, octopus, eels, penguins, cormorants, and endless beautiful fish, hiking by 100s of marine iguanas, Christmas iguanas, dozens of massive tortoises, Boobies, and finches…..there were many adventures every day. The kids fit in perfectly with the help of the staff and naturalists. The 5 year old was even able to snorkel with everyone, and LOVED the naturalists. We all were able to take part in all of the activities from hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, daily naturalist briefings, lots of games, art project for the kids, swimming, panga tours, and farm tours.

The ship is beautiful and very well maintained. The food was on the fancy side for the kids, but once the staff noticed they weren’t eating much at meals (likely because of the endless snacks available), they made them “kid food” and the kids were in heaven. Sooooo thoughtful. I celebrated a birthday on board which was made special with a decorated room, cake and wine. We wanted for nothing! The adjustment back to reality is the tough part.

We had likely the best vacation of our lives. I jokingly asked if there was a room available for the following week, which there wasn’t. I think if there was, I would have tried to arrange another week.

The cabin was perfect. Clean, updated, serviced beautifully every day.

1 Helpful Vote