• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

I am writing this from our cabin on our last day of this cruise. All ports were stopped at in the order on the schedule. Not one drop of rain while in port. Was told by the staff who stand and direct people to the ship that there were 936 passengers. It was so evident in no lines to check in, get on the ship, get off the ship at each port, RARELY shared an elevator with anyone even going all the way to and from deck A – it was great and will be a shock when we next cruise and it is back to the old numbers.

Vista cabin. Lucky to have not heard ONE peep from passengers on either side. No doors, etc., across from us so no comings and goings from other people or crew. Great location close to the mid-ship elevators. I’m glad I picked this location. Actually, I picked this cabin as I enjoy looking directly down from my verandah railing without looking at lifeboats. I wasn’t sure I would like having the bed next to the verandah, but I liked lying in bed and looking at the sea and my husband and I liked having the space between the cabin door and the bed. I didn’t like that I had to sit in bed to watch movies on the TV.

We are both 74 and thought long and hard before actually taking this cruise (which we had canceled from last year). We never contracted COVID since this whole pandemic began and we were leery about putting ourselves in a cruise environment. We flew in 2 days early from PHL – glad we did since our original flight was canceled. Took Covid tests at a CVS near our house before leaving for PHL because I didn’t want to get to Fort Lauderdale and then deal with possible positive tests. No problem with the 3-day-out tests at the port as we are boosted.

Verandah Stateroom