• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Seabourn Odyssey Review

Editor Rating
17 Awards

Needs improvement and if handicapped avoid this cruise line!

Review for Seabourn Odyssey to the Southern Caribbean
Sanshl319
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin: Veranda Suite

I won this trip and explained to Seabourn that I use a wheelchair at times since I have a very bad knee. I filled out paperwork online and when we got there in St. Maarten they had no real ramp to get my chair up. They had a bunch of steps and some weird panels that they had to close, but it was not made for people in a wheelchair. A man from the ship helped to push it up, but it was very hard as it was steep! Then the man wanted to take my personal wheelchair away, thinking it belonged to Seabourne. I had to explain that this was "MY CHAIR." When using the chair all decks had no automatic door opener. Made it difficult to get places.

Rooms are nice but shower is so small and only 2, 110 volt outlets in the whole suite! Not luxury by my standards!!! Tenders are required for most ports and very hard to use especially if unstable. I almost fell the first day and a man grabbed me so hard I had a huge bruise for the whole trip!!!

Inside the restaurants things are normal but the menu items are not as plentiful as other cruise lines I have been on. In room dining is nice but food can be cold by the time you get it.

Veranda Suite