• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Elvis1209
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:

After two years of not taking a vacation, we were ready to go! This same cruise was planned pre-pandemic. Needless to say, it was cancelled. When I rescheduled I told my wife that maybe we ought to upgrade to the Haven. She agreed. All the things I've heard about the Haven were proven to be true! From check-in, where we walked right past all the people on line, to disembarkation, where again we bypassed the line, it was pure bliss!

Our stateroom was #14742, a Haven Spa Balcony room. The room was spacious, but didn't have a couch or love seat in it. On the plus side it did have a two-person hot tub! Our room steward was Nancy. She was great! Our butler was Wilfredo, or Willie. as he wanted to be known as. Every afternoon he brought us such delicious BLT sandwiches! The staff at the Haven Lounge and the Haven Restaurant were great! They treated us like royalty! Marko was the best waiter in the lounge, and Sergio was the best bartender! One night my wife decided to by me a Louis XIII Cognac! Sergio served it on a silver tray, in a crystal glass while wearing white gloves! He made a special occasion even better! (we even ran into Sergio at the airport in New Orleans. He was going home to Mexico City for vacation!)

The food onboard, I thought, was excellent! I did a little comparison of Prime Rib while on the cruise. I thought Cagney's would have made the best. It turned out the Haven Restaurant blew them away! The only venues we ate in were Cagney's, as I mentioned, Les Bistro, Teppanyaki, The Manhattan Room, and the Buffet. All were excellent!

14 Helpful Votes