• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin: Superior Veranda Suite
The bathtub.  The shower is on the other side of the room.
Bathroom sink

This was a charter by Atlantis, an all gay cruise. It was advertised as discounted I have always wanted to travel on a Silversea ship & this was a great opportunity to do so.

This is not a large ship therefore do not expect lots of entertainment. The casino is very small. This is more about the cruise experience & the ports of call. No grand atrium. No shopping mall. I think there are only 2 upscale shops.

The big and only complaint is the quality of food in the Seishin Japanese restaurant. There is a surcharge. This small venue had a chef in the center of the room. We chose the kaiseki menu. I am experienced with Japanese food & this venue was a great disappointment. The presentation was poor, one style of plate was used for three courses The two meat courses were tough steaks. The miso soup course was filled with chopped vegetables which did not make sense, not something I would expect in a Japanese restaurant. I had presumed that the chef was Japanese, but was informed after the meal that he is Fhillipino. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

Superior Veranda Suite

The cabin is the largest i have ever traveled in. Included is a balcony, living room area separated from the bed with a curtain, large bed, walk-in closet, bathroom with a shower and bathtub The refrigerator was stocked with sodas and beer - we had the option to customize the contents but did not see a reason to. I engaged with the butler twice for assistance. We never saw the cabin attendant who kept the cabin clean and tidy. The cabin had dark granite throughout, a stone that I like very much. The color palate is calm.

4 Helpful Votes