• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Nieuw Statendam Review

Editor Rating

Paid a lot and not getting what was promised

Review for Nieuw Statendam to the Southern Caribbean
Sweetyfeet
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin: Neptune Suite with Verandah
Flowers received

I love this cruise line. We come on this line to relax and enjoy our cabana for the week. We decided to take this trip because, due to the pandemic, we have been working very hard without a break. I made for an upgrade to a suite and bought the Club Orange package. Well, I am not getting what I paid for. First, even with my boarding pass stating priority boarding, since I am a 2 star Mariner I was placed in the regular line to board. Although I love the extra room of our suite, the promised flowers, binoculars and fresh fruit never came. Dining reservations were lost. Had to wait 15 minutes at the Club Orange desk waiting for someone to help us with our problems while 3 other people worked with the people who walked up to the other line. The flowers finally arrived this morning. Three tiny little flowers thrown into a tiny vase. The flowers at our breakfast table were better. At least they were roses. No fresh fruit. Spoke with the front office personnel and supposedly for the extra money you spend on a suite, those are the flowers you receive to appreciate you in paying extra for many things. Otherwise, the people on board the ship are great and the food in the speciality dining areas are great as always.

Neptune Suite with Verandah