• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Cabin: Yacht Club Grand Suite
Traveled with children
Yacht Club Pool Deck
MSC Seashore as seen from Ocean Cay

This was our 4th MSC cruise. This was the second time we have been in the Yacht Club (YC).

Overall we had a great time.

SHIP: The ship is absolutely gorgeous and was kept very clean by the staff. It's the type of ship where you can go into the same lounge or area and notice something new every time. The attention to detail was evident. The ship is new so I had high expectations and I hope it wears well as time goes on. One of my few gripes are that public restrooms were sometimes difficult to locate. If you found a bathroom, it would behoove you to remember where it was. The elevators overall seemed to work very well. There is a touch screen outside the elevators where you indicate the floor you're going to. The screen will then indicate which elevator is coming. On a few occasions it seemed to take a long time for the elevator to arrive. If that happened we would usually swing around to the bank of 4 elevators on the adjacent side and would get an elevator almost immediately. How the elevator system works on a full ship (we were at about 50% capacity) will be the ultimate test. On several occasions I did see the staff had elevators (2 at a time) removed from service for cleaning. Speaking of cleaning, overall I felt the ship was kept very clean. In the morning there were fresh vacuum marks on the microfiber lounge chairs where we had sat a few hours earlier the evening prior. Bathrooms, when you could find them, where always squared away.

Yacht Club Grand Suite

Our cabin was excellent. There are 6 YC balcony cabins that look significantly wider than the others on the deck plans (16027, 16020, 18018, 18019, 19025 and 19028). I chose one of those for that reason. The room itself is huge. That said, it does not have the walk-in closet that the other YC Grand Deluxe rooms have and because of that, may not have enough storage space for some. We had three people and it was just enough to unpack everything so nobody was dragging out a suitcase during the week. The bathroom and shower were roomy and had plenty of space to place things so hanging toiletry bags was not necessary.

8 Helpful Votes