• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Seashore Review

Editor Rating

Great to be cruising again!

Review for MSC Seashore to the Western Caribbean
YellowDog
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children
One the the great views of the Seashore at Ocean Cay

Just a quick review of my, and my family's cruise, on the MSC Seashore. We are a family of 4. Me, DW and B/G twins 11 y/o. This was our 3rd MSC cruise (we had been on the Divina and Seaside previously). We traveled with another couple and their DD (9). They had not traveled MSC before. After 2 years in a row of cancelled cruises, we were very excited to be back. We live within driving distance of the port, so we drove down to Miami the morning of.

Embarkation: Went as expected. We had Aurea experience, so we had a "special" line. It was still a line...it was fine. We were the first cruise however that did not have the "at the port" COVID test. Which was nice and I am sure helped move things along.

The ship is gigantic and it is gorgeous. Very reminiscent of its sister (the seaside)...but I think it is even sharper looking. Throughout the whole cruise it was very clean...rarely were empty glasses seen sitting or empty plates unbused. To my knowledge we were the largest group of passengers so far, close to 3,000. This caused some slow wait times at bars that were often staffed (it seemed) for the less populated cruises previously. The ship is fairly easy to navigate once you get the hang of it (usually 6 days in :)) No complaints about the physical ship at all. Plenty of seating in lounges and on decks. I have read about slow elevators, and while this happened sometimes, I found myself alone on the elevator more often and stopping only at the floor I desired.

Cabin: We found it to be a good location for us. As a Aurea cabin though we thought maybe it would be slightly larger or have a tub. It did not, it was just like the Fantastica cabins we always had. There is nothing wrong with that, just thought it should have had something extra. Now, with kids, I will say the bunk beds were a huge plus over the pull out sofa. The bunk beds have a much smaller footprint which make getting around the cabin easier. Yes, the bathroom is small, but all cruise bathrooms are. Our room steward was efficient and professional, and that is all I need. I don't need personality and flash...just clean towels and a made bed. He did those things wonderfully.

5 Helpful Votes