• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Meraviglia Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

I didn’t think it could be this bad.

Review for MSC Meraviglia to the Bahamas
Blondestranger13
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We’ve cruised probably 12 times on four other lines with this being our first on MSC. First, the ship is really beautiful and very clean. However, we had no wash clothes or toilet paper, which I sadly found out after I needed it. I called to get some and waited probably an hour. They put us in a handicapped room even though we did not need one. The room seemed larger than other lines, but that might be because it was specially equipped. The bathroom was a decent size and the balcony was extended, but pretty much everything else on our five day cruise was terrible.

I cruised with my child. When booking I reserved an early dining time. Upon arrival, our dinner time was moved to 9:30 p.m. I had a child with me so 9:30 was even more absurd than it would normally be. I went to the customer service desk to inquire and was talked to very rudely and had eyes rolled at me for questioning the change. I was sent to the dining room manager who said that 9:30 is what we would get because we had the lowest experience booked. Someone booked the cruise for me, so I didn’t know that their was such a caste system in place. There is much emphasis placed on which in class you are. Bella is apparently the very bottom and we were treated as such.

While in line for dinner one night I witnessed two tweens not being allowed into the dining room where their parents were waiting for them. They were dressed nicely, so I don’t know why they couldn’t go in. It was hard to watch the young girl beg to go in just to sit with her family. She even said, “I promise we won’t eat. We just want to be with our parents.” Diners in the first night’s 9:30 seating didn’t finish dinner until midnight. The lines for all food were absurd. The choices in the buffet were shockingly few and that was if they didn’t run out of food. Yes, they ran out of many, many things. I’m not too picky of an eater, but I struggled to find something at times.

The cabin was very nice and clean. The duvet was extremely hot and I was unable to make the room cooler. We both sweated all night.

7 Helpful Votes