• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Meraviglia Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Avoid MSC!!! Awful food and service!

Review for MSC Meraviglia to the Bahamas
VacayGirlDiz
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

After sailing Disney, Carnival, Royal Car and Princess, we decided to try MSC. We were enticed by the price and the free balcony upgrade. Well, you get what you pay for (and less) because it was terrible. First of all, good luck navigating their website. They also supposedly have a loyalty match program, which worked for my sister in law (same level) but even though I filled out the form twice months ahead of time and called and emailed them three times, I received zero response until I returned back from the cruise (in which case they told me to fill out the form--again, I did that twice!). I tried telling this to Guest Services on the ship and they couldn't care less. Meanwhile, my sister in law received all kinds of amenities and room credit, and all I got when I showed them the unanswered emails plus my other ship platinum loyalty card was a "sucks to be you" response. You'd think they'd at least offer a bottle of Prosecco or something small, but no.

It took two and a half hours to get on the ship--no exaggeration (we had all our documents in order and everything, but the lines were atrocious).

I pre-ordered chocolate covered strawberries and instead they delivered a plate of gel-like pastries that were inedible. Had to call several times to get the strawberries credited back to my account.

Cabin was tiny but clean. Balcony was nice. Towels were stiff. No frills on this ship!

9 Helpful Votes