• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Ocean Explorer Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Bad Company, Sad Story-BEWARE!!!

Review for Ocean Explorer to the British Isles & Western Europe
Jill in Cincinnati
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:

I loved Vantage's new business concept of treating a cruise like a land tour with all included side trips. We booked the British Isles cruise, rescheduled to August-September, 2021.

We booked the Owner's cabin, it came with a lot of perks. Mostly, Vantage failed to deliver on them.

We were supposed to be picked up and returned to our home, but Vantage (I called) couldn't seem to arrange that. Airport Parking cost $384. We were supposed to get nice jackets, but didn't. We were supposed to be picked up by limousine at Heathrow airport in London, and we stood there waiting for over 2 hours (various calls to concierge, finally our ride came).

The owner's cabin is perfect, I would like to have it on every ship I travel on. It is small, 600 or so, sq. feet. It has 2 bathrooms, one has a shower. It has a lovely balcony, small dining area which provided a nice work area, a living room and a separate bedroom.

However, most drawers only open about 5", and are basically unusable.

16 Helpful Votes