• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

My husband and I decided to go with a few other couples back in November 2021 for February 2022. Not only were we in need of a vacation, Lord only knows how many of us are in dire need of time off since this pandemic, so we thought it was time. Knowing that none of us were afraid of the virus and knowing that the cruise was running at half capacity, this was the perfect time to go! The Officers, Crew, and entire staff were so happy and made us feel very comfortable with everything on board. This ship was meticulously maintained & since there were only 1500 passengers there were not any lines that you had to stand in and wait. From the water slides, speedway, mini golf, to the buffet, space was more than enough to have. We even got a little luck in the casino too! Our last cruise was in February of 2020 & it was definitely time to go! Oh our excursions were awesome as well along with the ports of call. And if anyone would like to say anything about the CDC or WHO, I am over it and have no issues whatsoever with traveling or cruising! This virus has a 99% recovery rate, with the prevention & therapeutics. Take Vitamin D and get some naturally on board with the warm Caribbean sun on your face! This industry has been hurt and now is the perfect time to go on a cruise! If people can get squished in an arena for sports @ 50k plus, then why not go on board with half the capacity that ship has and spread out in the outdoor areas and have some fun! Food was fabulous, entertainment was excellent and there was always something to do on board the JOY. Every night Wygon our room steward had a towel design that made us smile! Leo at Spice H2O always made sure we were with a cocktail and the entire time we had the best weather. It was very hard to return to the cold but I highly recommend this cruise, No doubt about it! In fact we booked again before we disembarked for 2023! Now the decision is Hawaii or the Caribbean?

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

We had a beautiful balcony stateroom that was absolutely perfect for my husband and I. Our bed was super comfy but I was in dreamland with the pillows!

Port Reviews

Roatan

We picked the Gumbalimba Preserve & Animal Sanctuary and it was amazing! The monkeys and birds are spectacular!

Harvest Caye

The Barrier Reef Snorkel trip was just amazing! Definitely a must see if you are one for the coral reefs. Not a ton of fish but the reefs are spectacular! Harvest Caye is so beautiful and I can't wait to go back so I can see more!

Costa Maya

We had so much fun on the Beach Getaway & Beach Escape excursion. Other than getting stung by a jellyfish...this bar had the BEST food and terrific pool bar to sit in after the sting. You have to watch because the water is so crystal clear that one snuck up between the seaweed. All is good though, just a sting and itchy a week later, but don't say you haven't been warned.

Cozumel

Plenty of shopping at this port. Downside is everyone knows you are there so they want you to stop and shop. I would definitely go back because there are so many places to go & Senior Frogs & Fat Tuesdays are my favorite places to eat in Mexico!

3 Helpful Votes