• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

arthistory@earthlink.net
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Having been on many Viking cruises, I had high expectations. I wasn't disappointed!

Most of my prior knowledge of Ancient Egypt came from art history survey classes, so it was wonderful having Fouad as our guide. OK, I'm biased, but he has to be one of the best Egyptologists out there: extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his country's history, fun, and a great sense of humor. He was with us from our arrival at the hotel in Cairo until our departure at the end for the airport.

The Ra is a beautiful ship, and the staff were so accommodating. As for entertainment, we were a group who had no use for casinos or zip-lines. In the evenings we had Nubian dancers and Whirling Dervishes. One night we had a showing of "Death on the Nile". I had seen it years ago, but viewing scenes of places we had just visited was riveting. One of the guests suggested a pajama party option (cabin bathrobes, of course), and it was fun that of the 28 guests on board, so many of us went for it. The food on board was wonderful, too.

Veranda Suite