• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Enjoyable short cruise with family

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera
PaddleAddict
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I know some recent cruises have been sailing pretty not full but our ship had more than 2,000 passengers including several hundred kids (188 alone that needed the pre-boarding covid tests according to the guard I spoke to). It felt comfortable … not too crowded but plenty lively.

Ship: We have never been on this ship nor this class of ship. We really liked it! The ice skating rink is awesome. We did the open skate and saw the show. Wish we could have skated more than once. The Flowrider was fun to watch but we didn’t brave it (too cold). My husband and son loved the water slides but only went down once due to them being cold. The pools and splash pad were ice cold, which was a huge disappointment as I thought they would be heated. No one was in the pool all weekend despite fairly warm, sunny days. My kids tried the splash pad but they were freezing so had to get out. My kids loved the mini golf and it was fun to be up there for sailaway. My husband really liked the indoor Promenade but I wasn’t a big fan. I prefer ships that remind you that you’re on a ship rather than interiors that look like a mall. Also, we couldn’t enjoy any of the neat-looking bars and pubs in this area due to the kids not being vaccinated, so that was a bummer. We had a great time in the casino one night when the kids when to the kids club. I like how they keep smoking on one side (not the side with table games) but I would prefer a non-smoking casino if given the choice.

Staff: Every staff member we encountered was truly top notch. It was so refreshing to receive such wonderful service for the entire stay, especially these days when I feel service almost everywhere is subpar. I can’t say enough good things about the staff and service.

7 Helpful Votes