• Newsletter

Bornagaintraveller
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin:

I have to agree with the previous review that there is simply nothing special about the Cunard service and in particular the Queen Mary 2. We decided to take this sojourn away from our favourited Celebrity cruises just for a short valentines break away and although we had a ‘nice’ time would we return…. The answer has to be No. We felt there was an amateurish aura around the ship like a 3* hotel and that with all the pomp and posters around reminding you of the history of Cunard they are relying too much on their reputation and therefore not trying to achieve a 5* service because they believe it to be there already .

In writing a review it’s inevitable that you do compare with a cruise line you love and although I have tried to be objective I think I have failed because I was constantly comparing to Celebrity, there were a few things we liked better but in the vast majority of cases it was most definitely not.

So at embarkation we seemed to wait forever. The quickest part was the in car testing which was extremely efficient. By the time we entered the main hall our results were in after dropping the car at valet parking. However it was downhill from there. Huge queues at check in despite the ship not at full capacity, even bigger queues at security and there was for some unknown reason a really long wait, 25 minutes on the actual gangway as paperwork was checked onboard for a third time…. Cannot see why at all.

Port Reviews