• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

traveltilidrop
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2022
Cabin:

This cruise was originally called: "Cities of Antiquity & The Holy Land" and was renamed merely "Cities of Antiquity" after Israel and Cyprus were removed from the itinerary. We had a wonderful time and saw some truly remarkable sites. The ports of Pompeii, Heraklion, Rhodes, Malta, Turkey, Athens, and Santorini were beautiful and filled with so much history.

Boarding

We flew into Rome, which has a lovely airport and a very friendly and helpful staff. We were picked up the airport and driven through the countryside to the port where we met our ship, the Sky. We took a very through Antigen test at the port, and within 20 minutes, we were onboard. We had just spent five minutes in our cabin before housekeeping showed up introducing themselves and asking for our sample for the Covid testing. I was tired, dehydrated from our red flight (as well as the second, shorter flight)- so not in the best shape to suddenly produce a sample. I did the best I could at the time, but as the old saying goes: "Haste makes waste". I did not produce an adequate sample, but turned it in anyway because housekeeping was being kept waiting. We were told that the test might take six hours to process, so we ordered room service. Some information we were given stated that you would get a message on your TV regarding when it would be okay to leave your cabin- I never received any such message via the TV on my entire voyage.

11 Helpful Votes