• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Summit Review

Editor Rating
38 Awards

a cheapened cruise for more money

Review for Celebrity Summit to the Southern Caribbean
malibu51
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

I have cruised with Celebrity on six other occasions. I would classify my opinion of this cruise line as 'Avis...we try harder!'

So many years ago, I took a cheap cruise on one of their older ships from Bayone, New Jersey to Bermuda. Only half the ship was full, yet the service and food was exemplary ! I asked one of the wine stewards what that was all about. He agreed that this frequently empty back and forth cruise I was on, was actually a lost leader. As will me, it was an opportunity for the inexperienced cruiser to see how special Celebrity Cruise line was, thus to try them out, more in the future. So I did. Weather it was a Baltic Cruise, or the first cruise line to go to Vietnam, or the cruise up the coast of California, everything connected in any way to our cruise was special ! I noted how many people would sign up for future cruises on the ships. If I strayed to Princess, or Cunard, or Royal Carribean, I would always find them wanting compared to Celebrity. Just comparing the experience to Alaska from Princess, supposedly THE legacy cruise line for this area, to Celebrity, amazing how much better EVERYTHING was on Celebrity ! From their shore excursions, to their amazing train cars, to their buses to the incredible Lodge on the top of the mountain, Celebrity continued to impress , and everyone I met on my cruises agreed !

But now everything has changed, and not for the better. My cruise on the Summit was more than I expected but so it goes in the time of inflation and Covid...

10 Helpful Votes