• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

penguins82
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)

The main reason we chose this cruise is that it would be in Cabo for a day and a half and we have friends living there that we wanted to visit. The Carnival Miracle worked out perfectly for our needs. We got to spend 2 wonderful days with our friends who showed us around their beautiful area. We knew the ship was a little older but everything was fine and the price we paid was fantastic. The staff onboard was extremely friendly and helpful. We especially liked our cabin steward, Lloyd! We chose anytime dining which was super convenient. A couple of nights we opted to go the more casual route at Horatio's Lido Restaurant, which is the buffet. Plenty of good food there! We had several spa treatments - a couple of massages (excellent!), teeth whitening for both myself and my husband, and a hair wash and style. My hair never looked so good. Of course, they really try to sell their products to you, which is to be expected. I. didn't particularly like that part of the process. The entertainment was good. We especially liked the three violinists from the Ukraine. Extremely talented. We went to several of the evening shows in the theater and liked the singers/dancers. The first show was our favorite.

We did not take any of the ship's excursions because our friends took us around. Our favorite thing to do was a trip to Flora Farms in San Jose del Cabo. It is an organic Food to Table farm which is a real delight, both visually and gastronomically! I would definitely recommend this treat to anyone who goes to Cabo!

Balcony (obstructed views)

We had a balcony cabin on the 7th floor which was very convenient to walking up to the main dining room, pools, spa and gym which were all on the 7th floor. The cabin was fine, pretty standard for a balcony cabin. The only inconvenience was that we only had one electrical outlet which was difficult for charging all of our electronics. My husband and I had to take turns charging our phones and my watch.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

We chose this itinerary so that we could visit with our friends who live in Cabo. We enjoyed our time there immensely. We had been years ago on a cruise but it took on a totally different flavor when experiencing it with locals. We did get to see some humpback whales at a distance at Shipwreck Beach but our absolutely favorite thing to do was to go to Flora Farms in San Jose del Cabo. It is an organic Food to Table Farm which is absolutely amazing! We enjoyed a fabulous brunch and then explored the grounds. They even sell villas here. Next time we return we are planning to tour the villas. Grounds are immaculate ~ so well kept. Whomever had the vision for this place hit a home run!!!

7 Helpful Votes