3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was our 4th cruise, 3rd on Carnival. We traveled with my sister and her family- all first timers, to see how they would like it.The good news is that they all had a wonderful time and plan to go on another cruise in the future. Ecstasy is small compared to the other ships in the fleet. While I missed the spaciousness of ships like Conquest, it would be ideal for anyone who has difficulty walking distances. The ship has nearly everything available on the larger ships, just in a more compact form. It does not have an upscale specialty dining restaurant. Cabin U69 is a modified, not fully accessible, ocean view cabin. The only changes were a wider door, a somewhat lower bathroom step up, and a fold-down shower seat. It just barely worked for us. Although we had confirmed early seating for dinner, we were assigned to Anytime Dining upon arrival. It worked well for our group, but I really prefer the regular seating. It is nicer to get to know people over several days and the service is more personal. Anytime Dining feels more like going to a restaurant rather than cruising. I have also noticed a huge downgrade in the formality, menus, and special touches (like the elaborate midnight buffet) fleet wide since our 1st cruise in 2003. At least they still have the towel animals.

Ecstasy: Good, Bad, But Beautiful

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by mclinns04

mclinns04’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Cabin U69
Good storage space. Next to Grand Atrium and Internet Cafe. Occasional noise, but usually fine. Beds could be more comfortable. Less personal attention than previous cruises.
  Carnival Ecstasy Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    We docked in Cozumel so getting on/off was easy. For those with walking issues there are pedicabs (bike powered) that work for tips. The shopping area by the dock is very nice and clean. There are several adult beverage establishments and a beautiful bar/food service area with live music and a gorgeous view. Very accessible. I didn't go on an excursion, but my husband and a few family members went to look at ruins. Most enjoyed it. We have been there twice before. I can highly recommend the Playa Mia Beach Deluxe excursion.
    View All 6,725 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews