Review - Carnival Horizon
Jan 22-Jan 30 2022
8 day southern Caribbean from Miami Florida
We we upgraded for $300 from an interior deck 7 to lido deck 10 balcony about 2 weeks before sailing. What a great idea!! I don’t think I can stay on another deck now. Typical ship room. No issues. All the basics. Loved the location for convenience
Fri Jan 28 - Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) 9am-5pm
- [ ] private port created by carnival with lots of things
- [ ] food and drinks for order on menu. Reasonable prices
- [ ] Did VIP seating package $150 for 3 of us and included nice padded chairs up close and floaties. Felt this was better in the end then the poolside cabana.
Tues Jan 25 - Aruba 9am - 11pm
- [ ] Visited eagle beach
- [ ] $15 for 3 people cab ride. Approx 15 min ride
- [ ] Was dropped Beside Coco loco beach bar. Good service and prices
- [ ] chairs and umbrella costs around $30 most places (3 chairs + umbrella)
- [ ] Jet skis $80 for half hour 2 people
Wed Jan 26 - Bonaire
- [ ] Sohabon beach / Sebastian’s beach
- [ ] Five dollar per person cab ride each way
- [ ] Small beach but amazing water. Good service and prices. Full service amenities
- [ ] Rent wind surfer $35 for 1 hour. Lots of fun !
- [ ] This was our groups fav port !!
Thurs Jan 27 - La Romana DR (Casa de Campo, DR) 11:30am-6pm
- [ ] Bayahibe Beach is a public beach where you'll find water sports, restaurants and shops.
- [ ] $15pp round trip to beach. Must fill a car 9-10pple to get that price. Drive was more like 30 mins away. Annoying to have to arrange pick up time back with your group. But private cab is way more expensive.
- [ ] Didn’t feel safe. Felt it was a very overpriced day
- [ ] Pretty beaches and amazing weather
- [ ] Be prepared to be haggled all day
- [ ] Would consider an all inclusive next time !!!