• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

My Galapagos adventure was the event of my lifetime. I have traveled extensively, lived in Europe and Asia, and the beauty and peace I experienced throughout the Galapagos Islands was singular and memorable. Too precious to explain effectively, really. The natural white noise - the sounds of the surf, the calls of the birds, the barks of the sea lions, the rustle of the wind on the cacti, grasses and trees, all reminded me of how large and resilient nature is.

It is easy to lose track of our place in the world. We work, drive, consume, sleep,...repeat. We should all experience the Galapagos Islands. The beginnings. Of everything. The quiet, alive. It brought me back to calm. Back to appreciation for life. I felt as if I was alone on the planet, a pioneer of sorts. I wanted to sleep on the beach, to hear the night sounds.

I came home with renewed appreciation for nature. I want my family and friends to go. We must protect this planet. We must be AWARE of our fragile, interconnected existence.

previous reviewnext review