• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Review for Ruby Princess to the Mexican Riviera
VibeGuy
10+ Cruises • Age 2020s

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

We were previously on the B2B of the previous two 10-night sailings - see below for the comprehensive reviews. My husband and I were full of holiday cheer and craft cocktails when I looked at the forecast at home, considered how much fun we’d had on the previous two sailings, and threw caution to the wind, booking this voyage while onboard. While we wanted sun and fun, let’s be clear - it was the service and care that really kept us onboard.

Previous reviews cover the nuts and bolts. This was our first time spending NYE at sea, and man, I will be insisting on it in the future. Scheduled as a formal night, the culinary staff went all out - it was a formal night menu I haven’t seen before and it was really delightful - caviar, even! Hats and tiaras were handed out and the various bars and lounges had New Years decorations as well. There were events in several lounges and on-deck around midnight and the mood was particularly festive. One of the things we enjoyed most was the staff and crew sending holiday messages to friends and loved ones back home, showing their obvious pride in their work and how happy the passengers were to be there.

There was an unexpected delay leaving San Diego after a port call; the captain was quick to explain that there was a delay disembarking some crew members due to CBP availability. This did not affect our arrival in Cabo, the next port, but did allow for a beautiful nighttime sail away against the backdrop of San Diego.

Oceanview (obstructed view)