• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 20s

Family

Sail Date: Jan 2022
Cabin: Sunset Veranda

I wanted to try Celebrity as a step up from Royal Caribbean or NCL. We had planned on the Summit but after postponing then cancelling, we chose this 10 day sailing. I was a little worried that I'd be too bored for that length of time on a smaller ship, but it was just fine. 10 days was not too long, especially when you need a down day or two to recharge you are not losing out on vacation time.

Embarkation for us was Uber to ship in about 50 minutes. We arrived a bit early for our 10:30 check in. Most people were there for that time but there were time jumpers also and the port people were a bit unorganized as to how to handle them. Check in itself went smoothly and quickly, then just waiting for the ship to open, which it did at 11:20. Our room was ready, we reorganized and off we went.

Our sailing had 963 passengers, two of which I saw were not adults. At the end of the ten days the captain announced the well below 1% Covid infection rate for the passengers, so fewer than nine. Most passengers complied well with protocols in place and one didn't it was out of ignorance or mistake, not malicious.

Sunset Veranda

Nice, though a long walk if you forgot something. Plenty of floor and balcony space but I though lacking in storage space. Big closet but only three drawers in the vanity and two long, high overhead storage areas over the head of the bead. Someone shorter than me would have to stand on the bed to use all the space available. Bathroom was the biggest we have had. Good toiletries.

Port Reviews

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

All our port visits were on the smaller Lesser Antilles islands at the eastern edge of the Caribbean. St Marrten and St Lucia seemed more well to do even though relying almost entirely on tourism. Barbados is a real working island, being large and in a location better suited for trans shipping of goods to the Caribbean. Most of the tours involved sight seeing and beach time in the ration of about 2/3 to 1/3. I could have used more beach time but the tours were all informative. Our guides have a good knowledge of their islands. The St Lucia Piton cruise was fun, visiting Topper's Rhum factory in St Maarten also a good time.

4 Helpful Votes