• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

beshears
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2022
Cabin:

I have been able to cruise over 15 times, and ALL the restrictions because of the Covid, really makes a person to NOT want to cruise. We did the test 2 days before our cruise, thankfully passing. Since we live in Missouri and never know what the weather will be in January (we left with good weather, and came back with about 4" of snow on the ground), we left the day before, flying/staying in San Juan, which was our first port. We had been to San Juan more than once, so we just did a little walking at the beach, and then found an outside restaurant a few blocks away to eat. After arriving at the cruise terminal, one of our people had not received their test back, so they had to do it again, taking about an hour, while we waited. We boarded the ship and to me, even though it is old, still elegant in its own way. Our itinerary was San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, Barbados and St. Maartin, which most of us had seen before. The ONLY BAD part was that we were to visit St. Lucia (my FAVORITE port), and they cancelled it out, making it a sea day. I would never have booked this ship if I knew St. Lucia was going to be cancelled out. I met some people going/coming at the airport, and they were on another cruise line, and were able to go to St. Lucia. I wanted my 3 sons/3 d-i-l's to see WHY I had fallen in love with St. Lucia. I will say our room steward Terance Barnham on Deck 6 was TOPS!!! He was so good we wanted to take him home with us. We ate in the MDR, and the Ana who was with us, this was her first cruise, so it was a NEW experience for her, and couldn't believe ALL the food selections she could have or choose from. When I finally found something on the menu that I LOVED to eat, they never had it anymore. That was one of my drawbacks, but my sons and the rest loved the meat selections which were very good. I'm just not much of a meat person.Our only drawback at the MDR was they had given our table (we were very happy with the table and the waiters that were taking care of us) away to some other guest, NOT asking us first if we minded them doing it. If they had ask first, we probably would have given it up. One drawback (there was only a little over 1,000 guest on the ship) was they had so many EMPTY tables that they could have given these tables to those people, but did not! Everyone that worked on the ship seemed very nice and helpful if needed. We attended one show with a comedian, and he had good/clean talk. We also attended the Love and Marriage show which is always great.Their whirlpool was really great to be in too. The 5th floor had FREE pizza, sandwiches, cookies. The Windjammer was fairly good. We took several pictures, and they had about 5 photographers, and Erick was TOPS in that area. If there was any questions in regard to purchasing, how to see, etc. the photo area was always helpful. We wound up going to at least 5 - 7 beaches before the trip was over. Instead of booking from RCL, we just got a Taxi to take us around to the different ports, as we mainly wanted to do the beaches and some shopping.

We were on Deck 6, They were all balcony's. It was neat to lean over our balcony's and be able to talk to each other by just leaning over the railing. We had a circle shower which was different, but I really liked it. If we did not have room to store our luggage, we just put it under the bed. Our room steward Terance Barnham was TOPS. We wanted to bring him home with us.

Port Reviews

St. Maarten

We did a beach here, as well as the other 5 ports.

7 Helpful Votes