• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony

I chose a Norwegian cruise mainly for the thermal spa area. The cruise was a rowdy one. The quiet zone was not enforced at all. The larger issue for me was the staff not enforcing the wearing of masks. In the buffet was the only time staff actually told people to put on masks. I got up once to get a spoon and was reminded to go back and get my mask. In the spa, the Atrium, the theater, and the clubs, there were people unmasked. By the seventh day people were coughing and sneezing all over the ship. I managed to return to port without COVID or the nasty respiratory infection going around. My roommate was not that lucky. She did not wear her mask and got sick. My advice is not to cruise now. No matter what they say, not enforcing mask rules once aboard the ship is getting people sick!

Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony

room was small. Bathroom was okay - biggest shower I've seen on any cruise. The balcony barely fit two people.

Port Reviews

Aruba

Aruba used to have great shopping. I estimate 90% of the stores were shuttered. The streets were very dirty, too.

Curacao

This port was very dirty. Most of the shops were closed. People walking around did not have masks.

4 Helpful Votes