• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Radiance Review

Editor Rating

First Carnival cruise was pretty good!

Review for Carnival Radiance to the Mexican Riviera
kfan9
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

This review is for the New Years 4-night cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada. I've twice sailed Disney and once Princess. This probably isn't fair, but my expectations were not exactly high. As it turns out, I was really happy with the experience overall.

~ Food & Drinks ~

The food in the MDR was very good each nigh we went (Your Time dining). We only ate at the buffet once, which was so-so. The options didn't look impressive. We tried Cucina Del Capitano at lunch (upcharge for dinner) which was very good. Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que was a let-down, but the burger I had at Guy's Burger Joint was delicious. I was happy there was a 24/7 pizza spot - the pizza itself had a good taste, but was pretty flimsy. The chicken at Big Chicken was not bad, just a bit stringy the second time we went. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the drinks I got at just about every bar (this was our first time getting a drink package). Oh and finally, DO NOT order room service - you're better off eating cardboard.

8 Helpful Votes