• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

American Melody Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

New Year's Celebration on the Lower Mississippi!!!!

Review for American Melody to the USA
Iggyauthor
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:
Fireworks over Natchez, MS New Years Eve 2021-2022
Friends on New Year's celebration wearing masks we made in Arts and Crafts Class
Decorating Mardi Gras oyster shells with friends in Arts and Crafts Class
Dessert at dinner!
Ellipse Cafe on Deck 4, American Melody
Deck 4 cruising on the Lower Mississippi

Anticipating New Year's 2022 I didn't want to be the hostess of yet another New Year's Eve party with overnight guests at our house. This year, I WANTED TO BE SERVED AND ENTERTAINED!!!!

What a wonderful decision it was to book a trip on the Lower Mississippi, aboard the beautiful new ship American Melody, and CRUISE IN STYLE into the New Year!

It was comforting to know that ALL guests were tested for COVID before being able to enjoy the ship's amenities. This was a huge relief to know that the staff abided by strict Coast Guard rules to do their best to ensure their guests safety and good health.

I LOVED our cabin! It by far wasn't the highest priced category or on the highest floor but it was so spacious and conveniently located right outside of the elevator . Of course, I don't think there IS a bad location on this intimate ship!

Port Reviews

Memphis

There is so much to see on a return visit but we thoroughly enjoyed our choice of the ROCK AND SOUL MUSEUM while we waited for the ship to sail. My husband is a musician so he focused on the musical selections on the self-guided tour while I immersed myself in the history of the times! We lost track of time!

Vicksburg

There is so much history in this city that is located on a high bluff of the Mississippi River across from Louisiana. For over 40 days the residents hid in caves while their city was bombarded during the Civil War. A tour and talk at Christ Church explained that during the siege of Vicksburg, the Reverend W. W. Lord conducted daily services during the constant cannon fire. Three of our ship's cruisers had the opportunity to play the elaborate pipe organ.

10 Helpful Votes