• Newsletter

Radford007
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Balcony, sheltered

I have sailed on QM2 previously and enjoyed it sufficiently to book my present cruise; the Christmas and New Year cruise which departed Southampton on 13 December 2021.

The Covid testing and boarding process at Southampton was tediously long. I do not use a smartphone and thus had to register at a desk where my result would be sent. After more than an hour had elapsed since registration, I approached the gentleman whose task it was to give us a negative test pass. I could see my name on his list many recorded below me had been crossed off. Sure enough when he checked my name I got my slip and was able to commence the boarding process.

For a ship that sells itself as the epitome of luxury I noted that I did not have the following items. A clock, a bathrobe, binoculars, an easily accessible telephone or complimentary drinking water. (The ship’s cold water had an undrinkable taste and was more often warm than cold.) The toiletries are far from luxurious dispensed from refillable bottles.

30 Helpful Votes