• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

greasyjon
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

* Embarkation was a bit confusing. Asked for our Covid cards 2X, despite the fact we had uploaded them, and they had been accepted.

Evening meal, my wife ordered a pork chop which came black and uncutable. She sent it back and was brought another one which was possibly even worse. You could not even put a steak knife into it. Both the chef and the waiter should have seen this. so they asked her if she wanted prime rib. 'Yes, medium'. It came, not even medium rare, but rare. Sent it back, and they did it right. I ordered a New York strip medium rare. It came medium. They brought me another one. Cooked correctly, but very tough. For dessert I ordered a crème brulee which I believe should be served warm but was cold. Also note, I had reserved early for table for 6 which was confirmed on my receipt. Our table was a table for 8 - with 9 chairs, and 7 people seated (including us). The dining time had been advertised as 5:30pm, but now was 5. We showed up late, of course.

* I had ordered link sausages at breakfast in the dining room, two of which were barely cooked, none had any flavor, and they were barely warm. My wife ordered hot tea which took a very long time to come out.

The cabin was clean and the room steward did his job well. The amount of storage space seems to have shrunk, but the new showers were very welcome. No comparison to the NCL staterooms, though. That still doesn't offset the fact that the RCL ship is better.

Port Reviews

St. Maarten

Not sure why any cruise ship visits this port. Sort of run down and poverty ridden. Noting noteworthy to do.

St. Thomas

Scenic and various sites and sights.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

RCL has completely 'carnivalized' Coco Day. Almost everything is extra charge now, and some with really really high charges. Would you rent a floating cabana for an additional $1,900. - for six hours? There's still a couple free beaches.

8 Helpful Votes