• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Escape Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Recommend for a first time cruiser!

Review for Norwegian Escape to Africa
Amandajean10
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

Left out of Miami, easy boarding. Headed right to the bar and started making our way around the ship. It’s a good size ship with many bars and food options. After a day or two you start to remember where things are. The shows were great and there was always something to do. Friendly and helpful staff and clean public areas. Fun water slide, big pool and many hot tubs on decks. Bartenders were all really friendly and there was many drink options. I enjoyed the frozen drinks while by the pool. The specialty dining was my favorite with a ton of options you could choose from. We did a sea food, habatchi, and steakhouse. YUM! Even the main buffet had a ton of choices from along with desserts! And was open late night after your long night of shows, drinking, casino fun, and deck parties!! So hard to fit everything in on one sail!

We had a big window. My first upgrade from doing a inside previously on my last cruise. I personally didn’t mind not having a balcony. I was able to still get a view of the ports and water! We had rough water one night where the waves were 15 ft and hitting out window! I was more of a fan of that than my boyfriend. The room was spacious with closet space and a bathroom along with a big mirror and desk.

Port Reviews

Roatan

The port was in construction. Very few stores. Luckily we booked an excursion or else I don’t think we would of stayed off the boat for to long. We did daniel Johnson monkey and sloth hangout. A car picked us up at the port and drove us to the location. The driver was friendly and gave us information and history about different buildings and areas we passed by. It was super interesting to see how they lived. We got to the location and did the iguana park first. We were able to hold and take pictures with iguanas of all sizes. After that we went into a monkey cage and monkeys were jumping on our heads and eating out of our hands. The next part was my favorite!!!! We help two sloths and took pictures with them and the other animals. Best experience! They then got us back to port

2 Helpful Votes