• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

My wife and I took this cruise to celebrate my 69th birthday. It was anything but the stress free experience we anticipated. We were surprised upon lining up to embark with the announcement that we had to have a covid test prior to boarding, despite the fact that we were both fully vaccinated. Had they told us beforehand this was needed, we could have gotten one free at our local CVS, as we're both on Medicare. Instead, they gave us each one in the terminal and put a $200 charge on the room a day later. Things went downhill from there. With one or two exceptions, the staff was rude, unhelpful and at times, downright belligerent. The only high spots were the two shore excursions I booked with Expedia and a very attentive room steward. The food was barely up to golden corral standards. One night we even discovered a hair on our plate. I could go on, but have run out of words to describe the disappointment we felt with this cruise. We will NEVER choose Carnival again!

4 Helpful Votes