• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Mardi Gras Review

Editor Rating

Great ship, great staff, great food

Review for Carnival Mardi Gras to the Western Caribbean
doggiedad
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

We chose this cruise for the time slot, the price, the port and that it was a new ship. Embarkation was quick and easy, in spite of having to be checked for vaccination card and covid test. The line moved quick and it seemed to me Carnival had it down pretty well.

The staff was great. Everyone was friendly, smiling and happy to see us. Our steward was on the ball, and anything we needed he took care of. Our dining staff was super, and I thought the food was way above average from the 20 cruises we have been on with the major 4 lines. I had trouble deciding on what to choose from. An upcharge for filet mignon and lobster tail was $20. which was well worth it. Probably the best I have ever had. And I am from New England! Ive had my share of lobster. The food buffet was good, and Guy Fieri's "Pig and Anchor' barbeque was excellent. There were plenty of specialty restaurants although we were happy to eat in the dining room.

The entertainment was excellent. I don't know why people said it wasn't. There was so much to do, it was hard to make most of the shows. Comedy was super. Six comedians, comedy just about everyday. There were PG shows and X-rated shows. We laughed constantly. The performers in a few of the shows played violin, as well as other instruments, and they were top notch. The ship is massive, did not feel crowded all week. Plenty of loungers and chairs. If you wanted one you could find one. There is a section called Serenity which is adults only with two person lounge beds, two whirpools and a small pool (although the water was cold in the pool) none of the pools are heated. The main pool was good to cool off in, although there always seemed to be more than a few kids in it. If you have younger children there is a nice splash/slide/water park type area on the sports deck. Also a ropes course and the roller coaster-ropes free, coaster $ 15. Could not tell the ship was moving almost all the time. Nice casino. The wife did well. Loved our trip.

Good storage, bathroom small, but what else is new. Plenty of hot water, very comfortable bed and linens. Hotel grade. Almost a good as mine at home. Could have used more programming on tv, but who cares. Laundry service if you want it. Ironing room on the same floor...no washer/dryer.

6 Helpful Votes