• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Sky Suite

My wife and I are young-ish business owners with very few opportunities to get away for an uninterrupted week.

A primary concern we had when selecting a cruise line was the food quality. We are both enthusiastic about food, and while we would not consider ourselves real chefs, we would fall into the category of very skilled amateurs in the kitchen. Our previous experience with family oriented cruises seemed to focus heavily on quantity over quality when it came to dining, even at the surcharge restaurants.

We read numerous reviews praising the dining on Celebrity Edge but were still dubious based on past experiences and the typical tastes of the older crowd to which cruises usually cater. Our concerns were immediately put to rest after our first lunch after boarding at Luminae which is the Edge Suite class main dining room. There are a handful of surcharge restaurants aboard, but could not bear to pull ourselves away from Luminae’s outstanding cuisine more than just a couple of times.

Sky Suite

The cabin was spacious with high quality furnishings and more than enough room for 2 travelers. I could see a challenge in adding a 3rd passenger, but I suspect that doesn’t come up much for this room type. My only issue was the sliding balcony door had some wiggle room which was not a problem until night 5 when the water was especially choppy. That caused the door to knock against the window frame which created an annoying noise which kept us up most of the night. I also heard similar issues from other suite class guests the next morning.

The issue was addressed by our room attendant the next day, but the seas were calm the remainder of the trip so we are unsure if the issue was actually resolved.

17 Helpful Votes