• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin:

Let me start by saying this was our annual family trip. we all got vouchers for free cruise, yet only one of us was actually able to use it due to "sold out of free rooms". We decided to go anyway. The ship is older, but for the most part in good shape. The ship was about 1/2 full which is good because I cannot imagine going on this ship full. The casino is so packed with machines that it is impossible to get around and it is very small. No one in our group won anything either which we all played daily. The dining room was okay. Very slow service due to reduced staff. Our waiting had way too many tables and most nights there were long waits in between courses. The food overall was not hot. The windjammer food was also not hot and underwhelming. We barely saw our room steward but our room was cleaned thoroughly each day. FULL WARNING..........the fridge is not a fridge and only a "cooler" however no ice was given to keep the "cooler" cool. I might as well kept my water and creamer that I bought out because it was room temperature. Why bother having it in the room if it serves no purpose.

Sailing during covid. I was not put out by the extra precautions. It was a pain to take the mask on/off all the time but I get it. I think we can do without the check in/out in the windjammer. The biggest disappointment was no quest show. One of my favorites.

The port stops were good. All in all, it was a good family trip and spending time with the family is the best.

balcony cabin. It was clean and fairly good shape. The balcony on this ship seems small I guess because it doesn't have the glass open balconies and it's enclosed in metal on the bottom and sides.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

first time here and I thought the port was nice and clean with plenty of shopping. We went to the beach and got $20 massages at Krazy Lobster. Very reasonable prices for food/drinks. My only negative was all the vendors. I would like to enjoy myself and not get bugged by a vendor every 2 minutes.

4 Helpful Votes