• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Divina Review

Editor Rating

Chose another cruise line!

Review for MSC Divina to the Bahamas
buckeye1309
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Balcony Aurea

I had always heard positive things about MSC, however that was not the case for me. As an avid cruiser I thought I knew what I was getting. From the start the service was less than desirable at the terminal. When we were told as Americans our covid tests (less than 72 hours ago) were invalid. For American citizens results had to be less than 48 hours. At no time was this communicated. I received 8 emails to upgrade my room but not one indicating this change. Seems like the cruise line just wanted to rob passengers for extra cash. Charging both me and my husband $80 to retest. I was willing to let that go. The next day we arrive in Bahamas with the tickets in hand for our dolphin encounter. They were left in our stateroom the previous night. We arrrived at the meeting place there was no one there ( seemed weird) so we proceeded to the guest services desk. We were then informed our excursion was cancelled. When I question the manager why we were not notified she stated “they called the room.” I’m on vacation not in my room. Why would a note not be slipped under the door? My tickets were able to be placed on my bed but a cancelation notice couldn’t make it to the room? When I questioned this she stated the did leave a note on the door but perhaps a kid on the ship played a game and took it. Seriously?!

The entertainment was less than mediocre. Activities were boring and the food was bland at best. Spend the money to go another route.

Wait staff on the ship were great. So polite and helpful. Our cabin attendant, Eric was THE best.

Balcony Aurea