• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Escape Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Go NOW ! Low crowds, safe environment, great prices !!!

Review for Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean
tryitout
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

First time doing a back-to-back cruise. First sailing on 11-20-21 out of Canaveral - next on 11-27-21 (different itineraries) . LOVED it so much we opted to stay on board for the next cruise. SO Lucky to be retired and take advantage of this opportunity. The crowds are still low occupancy but the cruises are fully staffed with the most EXCEPTIONAL employees ! They are going above and beyond to please in every way ! The SERVICE was incredible, the experiences were wonderful.Our cruise director, Jackie, was terrific ! He made the game shows so memorable. The 2 main theater shows were top notch and the comedy shows made me laugh until tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I was lucky with perfect weather for 2 weeks, except one day of high winds/sea and cancelled tenders to Stirrup Cay. Fortunate to spend a gorgeous day there on our second week. Paradise ! You can't control the weather and may sometimes be disappointed, but with the current prices and low crowds, this is a great time to finally cruise again. I feel bad for the cruise lines and their dedicated employees during these difficult times. I felt SUPER SAFE at all times ! Certainly safer (from Covid) than my local Walmart or restaurant.

I have loved my many cruising experiences and have traveled on CCL, RCL and NCL (25 plus cruises). It's hard to compare. Very personal and different based on dates, ships, weather etc. BUT...I am VERY impressed with NCL and their efforts to go above and beyond !!!

First week inside cabin. Very nice - no complaints - well designed and very clean !!!

Second week regular balcony on 15th floor. Always wonderful to have the sounds of the ocean plus a few extra luxuries !

We were treated to a bottle of Champagne, daily treats, robes etc - things normally for more expensive rooms. I didn't expect them and would have been just as happy without them - but it was AGAIN - above and beyond.

10 Helpful Votes