• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

JudithAbbott
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

The passengers on this cruise seemed to fall into two broad categories: people who were using credits from cruises cancelled during Covid and people who just aren't willing to fly. I fell into the first category. I enjoy just being on the ocean, sailing somewhere, anywhere. What's there not to like? The people in the second category did not expand on the reasons why they spent 2 weeks making a trip that takes 9-12 hours on an airplane but why not if you have the time?

I believe that this was the first Vaccination-Required cruise. It wasn't burdensome. We were tested 3 times; on the dock before boarding, during the cruise and before landing in Florida.

My travel companion and I are knitters. The Crows Nest is where we have knitted in on past cruises. On this cruise, that location was pretty much filled up. The Tamarind Bar (mid-ship 11th Level) doesn't officially open until 5. so we had our pick of places to sit and watch the weather and water. The piped in music was a little strange (Middle Eastern? Asian?) and a little loud considering that the bar was closed but that was my only complaint.

4 Helpful Votes