3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my second cruise on the AOS I did the Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas route this year. The overall cruise was great even though we had a medical emergency on board (I'll discuss this later). The ship is beautiful and the accommodations are great. I did notice a drop off in service and availability of dinning in the Windjammer Cafe. There were some dinner times and lunch times that only the Island Grill was open. I don't know if this was a staffing issue but I think it was kind of lousy. The overall service was still good and the food was above average. The cabin stewards were great. They always had ice in our room (we had a ice bucket we got with our wine and they even filled that up). The entertainment was pretty good (above average). I would suggest the ice show it is a must see, Velvet Rope is interesting and fun but the other show (which I cannot remember the name was rather lame). The comics were funny and topical and had the whole theater rolling. The only other complaint that I had was one that I have seen on other review it was the kids running around with little or no supervision. The captain did make an announcement but I guess some parents figure they can just let their children run around and do what they want. Don't get me wrong I have a 11 year old I will be taking on a cruise with me next year but she will not be running around riding up and down the elevators pushing all of the buttons and getting off. She also won't be disrespectful to others who are trying to enjoy their vacation. Now for the excitement. While on this cruise we had to alter our day at sea to get a passenger who I believe had a heart attack back to San Juan. We did not miss any ports of call. We were enroute to St. Maarten but we were doing between 21 and 24 knots which was impressive. We had to get to within 60 nautical miles so that the Coast Guard (USCG) helicopters could airlift the patient off. This whole procedure was very impressive watching a helicopter land on the bow of the ship I must give kudos to the ship captain and the Coast Guard for their efforts and team work. Overall this was a great cruise and I would definitely recommend and retake this cruise.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean