• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Newsletter
  • Write a Review
  • Boards
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Adventure of the Seas Review

4.0 / 5.0
Editor Rating
2155 reviews
21 Awards

Some complaints

Review for Adventure of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
User Avatar
Bugsmommy04
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Rating by category

Cabin
Family
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Fitness & Recreation

Additional details

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

Let me start off by saying that this was my first cruise experience. Being that they sailed at less than 50% capacity was a blessing. I cannot imagine being crammed on a ship at full. I will start off with saying that they should have been upfront about Covid testing from the moment we booked. Having to buy our own Covid tests was kind of annoying. Mine BARLEY made it to me in time at no fault of my own. I felt like it was additional costs out the wazoo. Drink packages were ridiculously high priced. Dining- PHENOMENAL. Pawan and Maryuta were TOP NOTCH servers during our dining. Sapphire is blessed to have them. Seriously, best service with friendly attitudes. We became friends by the end of the cruise. Wonderful guys!! They deserve a raise! They made our trip. 75% of the staff were so friendly. The other 25% wouldn't even say "you're welcome" when thanked it even acknowledge you. Watched one of the crew scratch his face with gloves on, fix his hair and then put his hands into a coffee maker to place a filter. So gross. I will give RC another chance in the near future because the positives were POSITIVES. I probably wouldn't buy another drink package though. Too spendy. I hope they do continue to cruise at half capacity because they made it much more enjoyable I believe. I also won't be going on one that stops at Costa Maya. It was really boring and unauthentic. Didn't enjoy that port of call at all. Rooms were ok. Bed was awful and the pillows sucked. But it was clean. Shower worked well. Lighting inside and closet space were good. Room attendant was funny and super awesome! Everything on the ship was maintained and felt clean. One big bummer was the nasty cigarette smoke wafting from the casino. Trying to enjoy the art gallery and it was unbelievably smelly. Also, both water slides were down which made my whole group of 10 super sad. I feel like when these things happen, rates should be discounted. Even if just a little bit. I am going to explore other cruise lines for my next trip, but like I said, I will probably give RC another go.

Cabin Review

LOVED the balcony. Ordered room service for early mornings so we could enjoy coffee and the views. Made the trip so incredible.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Meh. Tourist trap. Not authentic feeling. I felt it took away from our trip.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Adventure of the Seas Cruise from $160

Want to cruise smarter?
Get expert advice, insider tips and more.
By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critic’s Privacy and Cookies Statement and Terms of Use.