• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Wilma065
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

After a 20 month hiatus, the Connie sails again! After such a long time away, I expected the cruise particulars to be on point and was willing to accept less than perfect service (considering the staff had to be retrained). In actuality, it was the total opposite: Despite having almost 2 years to prepare, there were some unexplainable misses but the friendliness of the staff was so overwhelming friendly and helpful that it almost made up for any issues.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not one of those who complain about everything; I saw PLENTY of those type of people onboard: Instead of being happy that life is returning to a somewhat normal state, they shuffled about complaining about having to walk too far from their room to the elevator or other type of ridiculous things like that. However, again, after 20 months, some things were off and I can't understand why. Some of my observations:

Dining: I paid $45/pp for the Tuscan Grill and was very disappointed. My wife's fillet looked good but my ribeye was thin and devoid of any taste. Not sure if I actually got a ribeye because they generally have some marbling. Mine looked more like a piece of flank steak or a sirloin. The food in the Oceanview Cafe was lackluster to say the least. Often bland, under seasoned and very generic. Sometimes it made me long for Golden Corral. The "feggs" (what I call fake scrambled eggs) on disembarkation day were so runny and disgusting that I was forced to use my bathroom one last time before leaving. You had 20 months to prepare and that was your best effort?? Speaking of the bathroom.....

6 Helpful Votes