• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Glory Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

So good to be back on Glory!

Review for Carnival Glory to the Western Caribbean
cbringdrvr
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2021
Cabin:

We were part of the many who have booked, been canceled, canceled on our own, rebooked, been refunded,etc. over the last 20 months so when a last minute offer was emailed to me 8 weeks ago, I bit. We have sailed on Glory twice out of Miami and really enjoyed the ship. NOLA port was easily navigated. We arrived by taxi. Our check in was at 10:30. We were at check in desk around 10:25. Process was much smoother than I envisioned and only took a few minutes. We sat in holding area along with hundreds of others for about 30 minutes before they began to welcome guests. Our group was a A-6. It went quickly. By 11:15 we had a table on Lido. Ah, sooo good to be back! These are my observations in this new era of cruising. Please remember that everyone’s perspective and expectation is different.

SERVICE: We found everyone from the staff at the port to every single person on the ship to be very courteous, very cheerful, very upbeat. The few problems we reported were addressed promptly ( our safe was locked when we arrived, our balcony door malfunctioned one evening). We did feel as though there was not quite the staff:guest ratio as previous cruises in a few instances but it really did not affect our experience. We can confirm that daily maid service is limited to once a day but our attendant, Linda made a point to ask us if we needed anything several times a day in past. She was so kind and attentive.

MDR: We chose anytime dining for the first time and really liked it. I have used the Hub app before but this was the first time I used it for scheduling purposes. Once we were advised by the staff to refresh, usually several times, we found it to be easy even at our ages(65 and 74). The first evening we were set extremely close to another couple. When we expressed our concerns, we were directed to another table, serviced by Earl and Franklin. We fell in love with them and were able to sit in their section every evening. They were wonderful! We observed that your time dining seems to go much quicker if you so desire although they never rushed us. There was not the wait between courses as we have experienced to a great extent on our cruises pre covid. I like a leisurely dinner but 2 hours was becoming typical which is a little excessive considering that we don’t drink. I was a little disappointed that the sides (baked potato, etc.)that used to be available are not on the menu any longer. The use of garlic seems to be more evident in some of the dishes but overall the food was very good.

10 Helpful Votes