• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Breakaway Review

Editor Rating

So nice to be cruising again!

Review for Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda
Suzannec
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Crystal Cave

We had cruise credit from a cancelled 2020 Caribbean cruise and decided to use it on this Bermuda cruise. We arrived in NY the day before and stayed at the nearby Midtown Comfort Inn and walked the one block to the port in the morning. I struggle with motion sickness, especially on the Pacific, and figured with this cruise I was guaranteed 2 1/2 days of land. A few of the Bermuda cruises in the weeks before ours had a few issues with Covid testing, Bermuda travel authorization (hassle!) and rough waters but we didn't do too bad. Just a late start on embarkation day but then we got to enjoy the magical view of the Statue of Liberty all lit up at night. The lines to check-in at the NYC port went very, very slow (except for Platinum members) and my knees were killing me from the wait. This was the only line we encountered the whole cruise because the Breakaway was only half full. My friend and I had a nice balcony and really enjoyed this cruise. We participated in games, loved our fruity drinks, mostly ate at the Garden buffet, hid ducks, met nice people, did some pleasant excursions, enjoyed visiting with the wonderful staff members, loved the amazing entertainment and overall had a perfectly pleasant cruise. No problems leaving the ship as we did the NYC sightseeing excursion which dropped us off at the newly remodeled, and quite impressive, LGA. I purchased a few CruiseNext deposits and am now looking forward to a March 2022 Caribbean cruise. Bermuda turned out to be everything I thought it would be but once was enough. The roads are very narrow, everything is super expensive and the island just seemed jam-packed. We visited Clearwater beach near the airport and the amazing Crystal Cave. The people are super friendly and no one hassled us the way they do in a few other cruise ports. I’m so grateful that NCL cruising is back and I’m here to stay. Great job everybody!

Port Reviews

King's Wharf

I struggle with motion sickness (even with the remedies) and was looking forward to 2 1/2 days of land on this cruise. Bermuda was everything I hoped it would be but once was enough. The roads are very narrow and everything is very expensive. We visited the amazing Crystal Cave, small aquarium and gorgeous Clearwater Beach. The pre-travel authorization was a huge hassle.

6 Helpful Votes