• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Carnival Panorama Review

Editor Rating

First Cruise Since COVID Pandemic. Did Not Disappoint.

Review for Carnival Panorama to the Mexican Riviera
TheBamBam
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin: Balcony

I actually did a back to back cruise on the Panorama October 2nd and the 9th sailings. I would like to break down my review from Embarkation to Debarkation.

Embarkation - It went pretty smoothly. From the time I got to the terminal to boarding the ship took about 40 minutes. You had to go to 2 security check points and a final check-in. You actually get you cabin key in your cabin. They no longer have a special check in area for Platinum or Diamond members, but they do for Suites. Not really a issue since the line went pretty quickly. It is a very long walk from the check-in area to the ship. There is a very long, zig-zagging ramp to the upper level, as well as a very long gangway to the ship. For people with disabilities, the do have a elevator and wheelchairs.

Ship - For Carnival, their newer ships are more tastefully designed than their ships from the 90's. No wild colors or tacky furnishings. I found the decor quite tasteful. It is a big ship. After 2 weeks onboard, I was still finding places I haven't seen on the final day.

Balcony

Here is the Cabin Review for my second week of my Back to Back cruise.

I decided to get a Balcony Cabin. I have to admit, I liked it a lot. Having that little outdoor private area is just so relaxing. I had a king size bed. Which is basically 2 twins pushed together. What I did like, was the fact that the middle of the bed never got that gap, you normally get when 2 twins are pushed together. It had a nice sofa and coffee table. I booked the balcony cabin, because they gave me a really good deal on the upgrade. Normally a balcony would cost $500 or more, than a inside cabin. If that would have been the case, I would have stick with another inside.

4 Helpful Votes