• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Maud Review

Editor Rating

A wonderful expedition with an expert expedition team

Review for Maud to the British Isles & Western Europe
Golfina
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

My husband and I have long wanted to take the Hurtigruten trip up the coast of Norway and when we saw, in September 2019, that there would be an expedition voyage from Dover in 2021, we decided this would be perfect. Of course, Covid intervened, and we thought it wouldn't happen, but it did! It met all our expectations. We had a superior cabin, comfortable with a porthole with an uninterrupted view, the food and wine in the Aune restaurant was excellent, the whole ship was comfortable and elegant, and the trips were good. All the staff on board were excellent. The best part of all was the excellent programme of lectures, talks and workshops by the expedition team, a group of expert people who were passionate about their subject and conveyed that passion to us. Covid restrictions meant the ship was less than half full, and strict rules were in place (masks, distancing, hand sanitation, temperature checks) but as we are in our 70s this made us feel safer and was welcomed. We would love to go on another Hurtigruten trip at some time in the future.

We had a very nice quiet position with a porthole with an uninterrupted view. The beds were comfortable and though the cabin was quite small, requiring a bit of choreographing from time to time, it was well planned with room for everything.

PS In my response to the ratings above I was prevented from returning the questions about entertainment and family to 5 blanks once my mouse had moved into the circles, as they were irrelevant. It needs to be redesigned to permit this.

1 Helpful Vote