• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Regal Princess Review

Editor Rating
18 Awards

Worth it after all the hassles!

Review for Regal Princess to Europe
teenieleek
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

It seems they have sorted out many of the problems associated with the seacations. Covid testing at the terminal was efficient and results arrived swiftly. We were on board, visited our cabin and were in the dining room for lunch by 12.30.

Food, service, housekeeping were all excellent. Sabatini’s and the Symphony restaurants were a pleasure to eat in. Alfredo’s was also very good. Crown Grill was the only exception; never again.

The medallion was a useful nuisance. I was not going to wear it like jewellery, it stayed in my handbag and still it opened doors and staff “saw” me coming. Must admit it was a bit creepy, definite “big brother” feeling. The phone app was very hit-and-miss. It went down for quite a while. It also told my friend I was in the spa for about six hours; I wasn’t. On another occasion it told me she was in a lift for hours; she wasn’t. I used it once to order a drink: gin, tonic, lemon was three steps, then my husband had to do the same on his app. A pain. I don’t want to spend my holiday poking at my phone. After that I phoned room service, orders were placed in seconds and delivered promptly. Outside the cabin, the bars have waiters!

Fab. We upgraded because we hadn’t had a holiday in two years and loved it. It had a huge wraparound aft balcony. Loved watching the wake. No complaints.

Port Reviews

Las Palmas is a bigger city than I realised. A taxi to the old town dropped us outside the cathedral from where we visited Christopher Columbus’ house, wandered the cobbled streets, had a drink then took another taxi to the beach. Stunning beach with lots of cafes on the promenade. Walked from there back to ship. A good day

2 Helpful Votes