• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

Sailed for a week on Carnival Glory. New Orleans, Bahamas, and back. 6 cruises under my belt.

First off, the port. Confusion. Julia or the other dock? Stayed at Hilton by the river. Concierge said no problem, walk. Turns out it wad docked at Eratos St. Which is 1 block further south. You drag luggage thru a shopping mall. Julia St cruise port is only for Norwegian I think. oK. Get to Eratos St. Tugging 3 pieces of luggage. The elevators are all locked up. I mean, chains on these gates that lead to elevators. Only choice, “portage” 3 heavy bags down 87 steps. Alternative was to pay $8 a person from Hilton to port, 1/4 mile away. Maybe worth it.

So you check in. Metal detector guy is REALLY distracted, hot girl he knows checking in. I couldn’t break his attention to say hey, I’m walking through a detector on an international border. He kept looking and flirting with lane 3. All manor of alarms go off as I stroll through, and I remind him of his responsibility.

Balcony, deck 6. 6259 I believe. Small balcony, no chance of enjoying a fine cigar, so level the value here. Obsequious attendant, Indonesian. Wisquiu or something. Did not help at all with embarkation debacle, maybe apologized whilst mispronouncing my name, tried to kiss up later.

Port Reviews

Key West

We brought $1000 aboard to spend here, as it was an AMERICAN port.

Seems some local politicitians wanted to ban cruise ships to save the algae or something, so we gave our money to the Bimini people who were glad to take it. Hope we can De-Fund Key West in Florida politics, will write to governor.

3 Helpful Votes